Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Injustice: Daughter Begs For Justice — Her Father’s 30 Year Stay In Prison For A Crime Another Man Committed  





The first time I went to visit my father in prison, I was 12, and I hadn’t seen him since I was an infant. I was so terrified and angry at him, because I thought he was guilty. Prison is for bad men. Every little girl wants her daddy, but I thought mine was a criminal.

Now I know the truth: my dad, Mike McAlister, has been in prison for almost thirty years for a crime committed by another man. A man who looks just like my father.

My dad was convicted of abduction and attempted rape in 1986, but after he was in custody, similar attacks kept occurring. We now know the real culprit was a man named Norman Derr, and as you can see from the photos, he and my dad could be twins. Derr is now in jail, convicted of multiple counts of rape, but my dad is still in prison, too – even though a mountain of evidence points to Derr as the true culprit.

More http://bit.ly/1zZ7JDW



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment